Hello! I hope you’re enjoying the height of summer (or winter) wherever you are. I just wanted to give a quick update on some incredible progress with one of our lesser known but increasingly important features: ReceiptBurner.
Archives For newsletter
Howdy! Just wanted to check in and share some updates from Expensify:
1) Expensify crosses 35,000 global customers
Did you know that Expensify now has more customers than Concur? Continue Reading…
Hey there, I just wanted to share a couple major developments on the Expensify side:
- Named Preferred Partner by the AICPA and CPA.com
- Launched Concierge Inbox on mobile
- Launched a new Zenefits integration
- Launched a new Greenhouse integration
Hello! To celebrate the arrival of a new fall season (or, for our new friends down under, a sunny spring!) I wanted to introduce you to our newest creation: “Concierge”, the product of many months of effort, and possibly your new best friend.
In short, Concierge is our artificially intelligent virtual assistant, built right into Expensify. That means Concierge knows everything Expensify knows — which, given the billions of dollars in expenses we process, is a lot — and is eager to use that knowledge to make your life easy. Continue Reading…
This is a huge announcement. After more than *a year* in active development, we’re finally turning on RTER (Realtime Expense Reports) as the default for all new policies. This is a big, big feature, touching every single aspect of the product. Most of the changes are too subtle for you to even notice, but the sum of it all is that now Expensify works like this:
- Just take a picture of your receipt
- It’ll be put into your accounting package of choice
- And you’ll be paid the very next day
When properly configured (which starting today is the new default configuration), you literally just take a picture of the receipt and we take care of *everything else*. Click below to start your free trial, or upgrade your existing account (at no additional cost): Continue Reading…
Hey there, I hope you had a great holiday season and that 2015 is off to a great start. I won’t bore you with the details, but needless to say 2014 was a big year for us — most notably by adding 4000 new customers, including the BBB, ZenDesk, and most recently Yahoo! At this scale of growth, just keeping the lights on is a lot of work. But in addition to the mundane details of scaling a mission-critical, global-scale financial application processing $billions of expenses, I’m very happy to share details on our latest creation: our new mobile camera! Continue Reading…
Hey there, just wanted to share a couple quick points:
1) We’re enabling auto-SmartScan for everyone.** The new “trips” feature is an awesome way to track your itinerary… when it works. (Just forward itinerary emails to email@example.com, and SmartScan will put their details into the “Trips” screen in the mobile app.) But the top reason for it not “working” is auto-SmartScan being disabled by default. So we’re switching the default to ensure trips works “out of the box”. Sorry for any confusion on this!
2) We’ve integrated with ADP (and other payroll systems), so now you can reimburse expense reports on the employee’s paycheck. Enjoy! http://wp.me/pBzL2-JC
In other news: did you know Expensify just crossed the coveted million-user mark? It’s sort of a big deal. Especially since we did it with essentially no advertising and minimal investment, while having a ton of fun. We considered doing some big hoopla around it like everyone else seems to; but at the end of the day, it’s just a number. I’m much more excited about trips, SmartScan, ADP support, and just getting your next report reimbursed quickly and accurately, every single time.
So turn to your left: does that person use Expensify? If not, ask them to sign up. With your help, we’ll be at two million in no time. Thanks for everything, and please let me know how I can help!
Founder and CEO of Expensify
Follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/expensify
** To avoid people accidentally going over the free limit and getting unexpectedly billed, SmartScan remains disabled for users who have manually disabled it, or for users with a billing card. Policy owners, head’s up: double-check whether central SmartScan billing is enabled on your policy so there’s no surprise when people use it!