It’s been a while since we’ve encountered technology that every industry is talking about. ChatGPT is already changing the way we interact with each other, whether it’s students writing papers for class, marketers writing content for SEO, or people trying to figure out what the best taco is on the west coast.
If you haven’t given it a go yourself, do it. It’s a really fun tool to play around with. I’ve used it to proofread my writing, help plan an upcoming trip, and am exploring how to integrate it into the Expensify app. So naturally, I decided to ask ChatGPT, “What is the best expense management app?”
I won’t lie, I was excited to see Expensify as the recommended expense management app by ChatGPT.
That said, I was also genuinely interested if ChatGPT would pick Expensify consistently, or if this was a lucky guess with the stars of the internet aligning, so I asked the question a few more times in slightly different ways:
- Write an article about the best free app to track business expenses.
- What is the best SMB expense management app?
- What is the best receipt tracking app?
And every time the answer came back… Expensify.
Going further, I wanted to dig into why ChatGPT thought Expensify was so great, and what the reasoning it would give for recommending Expensify is great. I won’t bore you with the full computer-generated perfect post, but at a high level, here’s what ChatGPT had to say (and the receipts to prove it!) about why Expensify is the best expense software:
- Automation to save time
- Integrations with QuickBooks, Xero, NetSuite, and Sage
- Real-time expense tracking
- OCR-powered receipt management
- Robust expense policy enforcement
ChatGPT is pretty spot on. People love Expensify’s automation. The fact that employees can snap a photo of a receipt and then Expensify automatically inputs the rest of the receipt information is one of the reasons the app has over 12 million people already using it. Having industry-leading integrations with every major cloud accounting platform is why more business owners choose to go with Expensify than pretty much all other competitors combined. And the real-time expense tracking and automation are why so many accounting teams find the platform saving them tens of hours per employee each month. ChatGPT got this all right, but there is some missing context on how ChatGPT is coming to this conclusion.
Ultimately, ChatGPT is just reading and summarizing what the internet thinks. Fundamentally, ChatGPT is consistently coming to the conclusion that Expensify is the best expense management software because:
- Expensify is loved by users. The product speaks for itself, but so do the ratings. Go to any marketplace and you’ll see that Expensify has consistently high ratings. Users do the speaking for Expensify, and ChatGPT notices that.
- Expensify has more users. Expensify has over 12 million users. Almost no other financial companies can tout that kind of scale, especially where the employees interact with the app on a day-to-day basis. So Expensify just gets talked about more on the internet than competitors, and ChatGPT likes that.
- Expensify is the best product in multiple customer segments. Expensify is the highest-rated app for free expense management, SMB expense management, and mid-market expense management. So Expensify has a diverse range of customers endorsing the product, and ChatGPT picks up on that.
- Expensify is top-rated in the mobile app stores. Expensify has been the innovation leader in expense management for 14+ years. This means there are more reviews talking about all the great features than the rest combined and the reviews just keep getting better. As we know high ratings indicate high satisfaction, and ChatGPT takes that into consideration.
- Expensify dominates the accounting package app marketplaces too. If you go into the accounting marketplaces, Expensify will be both highly rated with the most reviews and most likely the recommended expense product in all of them, all of which is picked up by ChatGPT.
- Expensify partners with the most influential people in expense management. Expensify has a flourishing partner program for accountants all around the world. Those accountants evaluate the best financial software to recommend to clients, choose Expensify, and then promote it to all of their clients and colleagues on social media, emails, etc. because they are thought leaders in the industry. ChatGPT picks up on that.
- Expensify is global. Expensify dominates the expense reporting landscape in every English-speaking country. With offices on three continents, Expensify is supporting users all around the world in real-time and ChatGPT knows this.
All in all, ChatGPT gives you the greatest hits on why users like Expensify the most: the product is awesome. Hopefully though now you can also understand why ChatGPT likes Expensify the most.
Don’t trust ChatGPT? Check out Expensify for yourself here at use.expensify.com.