It’s been an exciting year at Expensify, with our international expansion in Europe and Australia, new features and integrations, countless new partners, and more. A lot has happened, but here are just some of the biggest highlights of 2016!
- Partnered with CPA.com, the educational and business arm of the AICPA, as their recommended expense management solution for accountants nationwide.
- Hosted the first-ever ExpensiCon, an all-expenses-paid conference in Maui where we celebrated our biggest partners and customers with Mai Tais and hula dancing.
- Established preferred partnerships with BDO USA, Eide Bailly, Accretive Solutions, and many more accounting firms that have helped make 2016 a year full of new friends.
- Launched our initial batch of receipt integrations that automatically import digital receipts from services such as Uber, HotelTonight, Revel Systems, and more. Here’s to a paper-free future!
- Simplified expense reporting for HR admins by launching our first-ever HR integration with Zenefits. (Spoiler alert: more HR integrations are on the way for 2017!)
- Launched an integration with TSheets, updated our integration with QuickBooks Desktop, and released a Travel API so that any travel provider can integrate with Expensify.
- Unveiled Concierge, our AI chatbot who helps train new users, answers simple questions, and proactively reaches out to customers when there’s a problem with a receipt or report.
- Released dozens of product updates, including per diem functionality and Inbox, which highlights any reports in need of a human’s attention, as well as tons of updates to continuously improve the user experience.
- Open-sourced Bedrock, our simple, modular, WAN-replicated data foundation for global-scale applications. (Translation: we built our own unique database, and shared it with the world for others to use for free.)
- Selected by Forbes as one of the top 100 cloud companies worldwide.
- Won the Best Partner Program and User Favorite Awards at Accountex, the nation’s leading independent accounting conference.
Growing the Team
- Opened offices in the United Kingdom and Australia, and hired our 100th employee (and 101st, 102nd, and 103rd).
- Spent a week together exploring Portland and another in San Francisco, celebrating the holidays with dorky sweaters, professional ping-pong, and an evening of jellyfish and jazz at the California Academy of Sciences.
- Packed our backpacks to kick off 2017 in Uruguay at our annual, month-long Offshore trip next week.
Last but not least, some quick and fun facts:
- SmartScanned the 35 millionth receipt to an expense report.
- Created our four millionth Expensify account.
- Processed $1.5 billion dollars in expense report reimbursements.
Thank you to all of our new and old partners and customers who have helped make 2016 such an incredible year. We look forward to working together to make 2017 even better than 2016!