Greetings, and Happy Wednesday! We’re excited to announce that our long-awaited (and oft requested) update to our QuickBooks Online integration has officially arrived. We’ve written about this topic before, but in case you missed it, there are plenty of reasons to make the switch once your books are closed for April 2014. The most important reasons include:
- Discontinued API. Our old integration, and the one you’re using, is on a deprecated QuickBooks API that will discontinue service in the coming weeks.
- Vendor matching for company card transactions. We’ll match the merchant name on the Expensify transaction to any corresponding Vendors in QuickBooks Online. If none exist, we’ll assign a “Credit Card Misc.” vendor for later mapping, should you desire.
- Saved export preferences. Our most requested feature, it’s now possible to set your export preference for reimbursable and non-reimbursable transactions.
- Billable flags export successfully. Now you’re only an export button away from conveniently creating customer invoices in QuickBooks Online.
Exciting indeed! Now that you’re ready to switch, an extra word of caution: Please follow these three simple steps AFTER you’ve successfully processed all reports belonging to the previous accounting period. This will ensure a seamless transition between the old and new connections.
- Navigate to the Admin tab and then click on your policy name. Special note: You’ll need to do this for each company policy that connects to QuickBooks Online.
- In the Connections tab, click the “Disconnect” button to remove your old connection.
- Once disconnected, you’ll see the option to connect to our new QuickBooks Online integration. If you’d like a step-by-step guide we highly recommend our help page on establishing a successful connection, or as always, don’t hesitate to write firstname.lastname@example.org.
And you’re done! If you’d like to see further enhancements to our QuickBooks Online integration, or if you use QuickBooks Online internationally and would like to see tax support added, please write email@example.com. We’d love to hear from you, thanks!