Wow! April was a big month for Expensify in the media. Our Bitcoin Reimbursement announcement drew a large amount of attention. Our CEO, David Barrett was asked to speak on 3 different news programs: FoxBusiness, SkyNews, and CNBC! In addition to television appearances, we had a multitude of tech blogs write up on why our Bitcoin adoption was a big deal. Here are some highlights:
- Wall Street Journal – Receipt Wranglers: Expensify Virtual Accountant
- Bloomberg Businessweek – Expensify brings Bitcoin to Main Street
- TechCrunch – Expensify adds Bitcoin support as PayPal Alternative
- PCWorld – Bitcoin Surges past $100, gains Expensify support
- International Business Times – Bitcoins Accepted by Expensify, Surpasses 20 National Currencies
- VentureBeat – Expensify Adds Bitcoin Support
- The Next Web – Expensify Adds Bitcoin to Offer Instantaneous International Reimbursement
- CITE World – Bitcoin Takes Big Step into Mainstream with Expensify Support
- TechFaster – Combining Two Things that Don’t Suck, Expensify Now Supports Bitcoin
- Falkvinge – Why Expensify Endorsing Bitcoin is a Really Big Deal
Another exciting development this past month was our Office Dog, Lemony Cricket, winning the Muse Ultimate Office Mate competition! She faced fierce competition from other adorable dogs from the offices of Global Giving, AOL, Uber, & Zoosk. In the end, Lemony emerged victorious as the Ultimate Office Mate! Thank you to everyone who supported our beloved pup. We’ve included some adorable GIFs of Lemony as thanks!
We’ve added a ton of cool features to Expensify so far this year and we’re just getting started. We have a HUGE announcement coming up this month, so stay tuned. Expensify is only getting better! Thanks for your support and have a great weekend!