One of Expensify’s most popular features is its direct integration with QuickBooks. Expensify is able to integrate with both QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online. Here are some things to make sure to be aware of when setting up your connection:
- Information is not automatically exported from Expensify to QuickBooks; the export must be triggered by the user. Visit our QuickBooks export page to learn about exporting expense reports to QuickBooks.
- Expensify does not edit your QuickBooks company file. Expense accounts can be imported into Expensify to use as categories, but categories and tags created in Expensify will not be added to your QuickBooks company file. New expense accounts will need to be created in QuickBooks.
- When new accounts are added to your QuickBooks company file, you will need to update the connection in Expensify. You can do this by going to Settings > Connections and clicking “update now”.
- Typically, the best way to manage multiple QuickBooks companies within one Expensify account is to create a separate expense policy for each company.
- It is important to always be logged into QuickBooks as the master admin (single user mode) when connecting with Expensify.
- Intuit currently does not support the ability to connect with the Mac copy of QuickBooks Desktop. Specifically, the QuickBooks Web Connector is not supported on the Mac. You can, however, connect to QuickBooks Online using any operating system.
As always, please feel free to email us at email@example.com if you have any questions about setting up your Expensify-QuickBooks connection!