We just launched out of Beta and in to 1.0! The results of our
blood, sweat and tears many days of hard work are finally visible. With that, I’m proud to announce the following major changes:
* Totally new UI: Based on your feedback we’ve made massive UI changes to be faster, more intuitive, and generally sharper looking across the board. Enjoy!
* QuickBooks overhaul: Attention bookkeepers, accountants, and finance departments: the wait is over! You can now create categories from your QuickBooks chart of accounts, share them with employees, auto-categorize based on merchant type, and export everything to the appropriate accounts automatically.
* More mobile apps: In addition to our iPhone app, we now have BlackBerry and Android apps (with Palm Pre awaiting approval). Expensify goes on the road with you!
* International currencies: Not a fan of USD? How about EUR, CAD, GBP, or any of 54 other currencies? Mix-and-match within the report and we’ll convert based on the closing exchange rate on the day the expense was incurred.
* No longer free (for new users): And last but not least — because I know this has actually been a concern for many of you — we’re now less free than ever! Starting immediately, we charge $5/reporter/mo with the first two free (so if you receive reports from 3 people a month, it costs you $5/mo). As a thank you to everyone that has used Expensify and supported us during our trying times in Beta, we’re grandfathering you in to a free plan for life! We couldn’t have made the countless changes and improvements without your help; Thanks!
That’s all for now, but lots more is on the way. Please send any questions, comments, or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll take care of it. We’ve also created the definitive “Expense Report” group where you can share your tips and tricks as well as your feedback.
For more coverage, check out the article on TechCrunch
Until then, I look forward to seeing you for your next expense report!