One of the things we pride ourselves on at Expensify is flexibility. Our users have a very diverse set of needs and our goal is to find a simple solution that meets all of them. While the QuickBooks integration that we have built is great for most users, we realize that some people like an extra level of customization. This is why we are taking the time to let you know about this custom QuickBooks integration option.
Why use the Custom Method
The custom QuickBooks integration involves using the third party software Transaction Pro Importer made by Baystate Consulting. This software is available for a one-time cost of $199.95. This method creates a true 2-way connection in which accounts that exist in Expensify can be created in QuickBooks. It will allow full customization of the way information captured in Expensify will appear in QuickBooks and is available for both QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop.
Some common reasons for wanting to use the custom QuickBooks method:
- You want to export as something other than a check, bill, credit card charge, or general journal entry.
- You need to map the merchant name of expenses in Expensify to vendors in QuickBooks.
- You need to capture class and customer/job at the expense line-item level. This will also require enabling multi-level tagging.
- You want to export as items instead of expenses.
- Any other customization that Expensify’s traditional export method doesn’t handle.
How it Works
You will first create a CSV export format based on the information that you would like to import into QuickBooks. Transaction Pro Importer will let you know the needed information for your given import type (check, bill, etc.). You will then export expense reports to that export format.
You will then import that CSV file to QuickBooks using Transaction Pro Importer.
That’s it! You have now fully customized your QuickBooks integration. For full instructions please visit our custom QuickBooks help page. As always, if you have questions, please don’t hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.