Our UK team had a fantastic time at this year’s QBConnect, which saw accountants and businesses braving the ‘Beast from the East’ storm to come out and celebrate the future of accounting. We’ve put together a little recap of some of our favourite moments, learnings, and interactions we had during the week. Kudos to Intuit for hosting a brilliant event!
Archives For Quickbooks
Even though February is now behind us, it gave us one extra day (yay, leap year!) to do amazing things. Last month, we focused our attention on some of our next big features. Some of them you will find detailed below, but some of them won’t be out for a little while yet, so be sure to keep an eye out for more hotness in the future!
We hope that you enjoyed the holidays as much as we did and are looking forward to an exciting 2016. Although our team took a little time off over the holidays, we still managed to roll out some pretty cool new features. In an effort to improve how we communicate changes to our product, we’ve launched a Product Changes feed that you can subscribe to in order to get more frequent updates. Continue Reading…
This month, we’ve released most of the new features developed while on our annual offshore in Cambodia and Thailand. These features have been in beta for a while, but have now been released to all users.
We got tired of looking at the same old thing every day, so we have given our site a facelift with some new and improved styles. We hope you enjoy it! Continue Reading…
While some celebrate February with chocolate and roses, it can be a headache if you’re an accountant trying to meet the February 17th deadline for payroll taxes. For those of you who are in an unhappy relationship or looking for a new payroll system, we picked out a few that we think would be a great match.
This week’s Expensifier of the Week is Yes To, a global leader in natural skin and hair care with awesome and affordable products made with fruits, veggies, and a smile!
Founded in 2006, Yes To, Inc‘s award-winning formulations are over 95% natural, have proven results, and are free of parabens, petroleum, and SLS. They offer seven unique collections, including products for face, body, hair, lips, and even babies to allow people to create their own natural ‘recipe’ that works for them. Continue Reading…
As part of the Webucator Tips series, we’re excited to share this power tip to current QuickBooks students. Read, share, and drop some knowledge!
When we first meet a potential Expensify user, the first thing we typically ask is, “How do you do your expense reports?” and “What accounting software do you use?”
Okay, so that’s actually two questions, but it’s hard to ask the first question without following up with the second. If you’ve ever had a hand in either, it’s easy to guess that expense reporting and accounting are intricately linked. Continue Reading…
Greetings, and Happy Wednesday! We’re excited to announce that our long-awaited (and oft requested) update to our QuickBooks Online integration has officially arrived. We’ve written about this topic before, but in case you missed it, there are plenty of reasons to make the switch once your books are closed for April 2014. The most important reasons include: Continue Reading…
One of the things we pride ourselves on at Expensify is flexibility. Our users have a very diverse set of needs and our goal is to find a simple solution that meets all of them. While the QuickBooks integration that we have built is great for most users, we realize that some people like an extra level of customization. This is why we are taking the time to let you know about this custom QuickBooks integration option.
One of Expensify’s most popular features is its direct integration with QuickBooks. Expensify is able to integrate with both QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online. Here are some things to make sure to be aware of when setting up your connection:
- Information is not automatically exported from Expensify to QuickBooks; the export must be triggered by the user. Visit our QuickBooks export page to learn about exporting expense reports to QuickBooks.
- Expensify does not edit your QuickBooks company file. Expense accounts can be imported into Expensify to use as categories, but categories and tags created in Expensify will not be added to your QuickBooks company file. New expense accounts will need to be created in QuickBooks.
- When new accounts are added to your QuickBooks company file, you will need to update the connection in Expensify. You can do this by going to Settings > Connections and clicking “update now”.
- Typically, the best way to manage multiple QuickBooks companies within one Expensify account is to create a separate expense policy for each company.
- It is important to always be logged into QuickBooks as the master admin (single user mode) when connecting with Expensify.
- Intuit currently does not support the ability to connect with the Mac copy of QuickBooks Desktop. Specifically, the QuickBooks Web Connector is not supported on the Mac. You can, however, connect to QuickBooks Online using any operating system.
As always, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about setting up your Expensify-QuickBooks connection!