Wow! April was a big month for Expensify in the media. Our Bitcoin Reimbursement announcement drew a large amount of attention. Our CEO, David Barrett was asked to speak on 3 different news programs: FoxBusiness, SkyNews, and CNBC! In addition to television appearances, we had a multitude of tech blogs write up on why our Bitcoin adoption was a big deal. Here are some highlights: Continue Reading…
Archives For Press
I saw this interesting tweet from @Twilio:
3 Twilio-powered startups made @scobleizer startups to watch list in 2010! cc: @expensify @cloudkick http://cot.ag/hTrhsd #twilio2010
And I couldn’t help but wonder how we did. Lo and behold, we did amazingly well! A full 9 of Scoble’s 25 Hot Startups to Watch in 2010 use Expensify. For the math challenged, that’s a whopping 36%! I guess I shouldn’t be surprised — things are really taking off here and Silicon Valley is our home turf. But still. It feels nice.
Lots of exciting things going on at Expensify:
- Track expenses by customer account using our new Salesforce integration
- Export expense reports into QuickBooks Desktop or Online Edition
- Integrate Expensify and your application using the new Expensify API
- Now reimburse reports up to $10,000 with our online payment engine
- We closed a $1M seed round!
And better tax category support, a new tagging architecture, customizeable report formats, Wells Fargo support, a new blog, iPhone app, and more. If you’re still typing in expense reports by hand, you’re missing out!
What they’re saying:
Word of Expensify’s awesomeness is getting out:
- “Expensify crossed the VentureBeat radar” with our iPhone and Salesforce features
- AlwaysOn picked us as a “Global 250” top “innovator and disrupter”.
- We were picked the “audience favorite” at the Salesforce Cloud Computing Challenge
- The Examiner liked our SF NewTech meetup presentation (or was it the puppy…)
We’ve been working hard so you won’t need to. Please send any questions, comments, or suggestions straight to me (just hit reply), and I’ll take care of it. In the meantime, we look forward to seeing you for your next expense report!
– David Barrett (firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: @expensify)
I know we’ve been quiet here on the Expensify front, but not for lack of things to say: just waiting for the right time to say them. Regardless, I’ll break radio silence to share an interesting piece of news: Expensify was recommended by Inc. Magazine as the “first class” way to manage expenses over a couple other products. (Which were listed as “business class” and “coach”, respectively. Ouch!) Check it out: January issue, page 44. What a nice New Year’s treat!