A new year is always the perfect time to break the cycle. Stop doing what you hate, and find something you love to take its place. This includes job hunting — if you hate your job, do something else. Like everyone else, we’re eagerly hiring, so if you are intrigued by what we do, here’s what we look for:
Archives For developers
Do you want to work more with cloud computing? Great– we don’t! When dealing with financial data, knowing where the data lives is important (and “on someone else’s service” is a poor answer), so we’re leaving the cloud. We have three datacenters in active/active/active configuration, and we’re transitioning ancillary services out of “the cloud.”
Our network stack is built on a Juniper switching fabric, and a pf-based firewalling solution.
We would like you to:
- Build infrastructure! Every system is configuration managed, so ideally you build a web server once, not a hundred times.
- Support developers! Our developers are as smart as you ideally are– they need help provisioning development environments, not printing Excel spreadsheets.
- Participate in a one-week-in-four on-call rotation! The world is beautiful at 3AM– but for better or worse you’ll rarely get to see it, as “the environment is melting” is the exception rather than the rule.
- Read and debug code! You need not be a developer yourself (though it wouldn’t hurt), but tracking down a bad PHP function call based on log messages shouldn’t scare you.
- Make big trouble for moose and squirrel! Oh wait, the KGB shut down years ago…
- Work in San Francisco! Don’t live here? No problem, we can change that.
If you are interested in applying, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a letter explaining why you are awesome and how you found us.