Innovation is a tricky thing in that it makes the impossible seem boring. I think it’s amazing that my 2.5 year old daughter will never really understand why it’s called “rolling up the window”, that google wasn’t always a verb, or that rocket ships were actually thrown away like garbage into the ocean after each use. People innovate to change the world, but once changed, we forget it wasn’t always that way.
Howdy! Just wanted to check in and share some updates from Expensify:
1) Expensify crosses 35,000 global customers
Did you know that Expensify now has more customers than Concur? Continue Reading…
Business travel might seem fun and glamorous on the surface, but road warriors know that the behind-the-scenes logistics involved in booking a business trip are just the opposite. Scheduling flights and hotels, collecting receipts, and trying to work on a flight when your neighbor is hogging the armrest are just a few of the hassles that get in the way of enjoying a business trip, not to mention the hundreds of emails that pile up while you’re out of the office.
If you’re unfamiliar with our annual Expensify Offshore expeditions, we have a dedicated webpage here to help spark the flame! Otherwise, some tl;dr background:
- A complete Expensify Offshore spans four weeks, and occurs once per year. It is always opt-in, meaning any employee can elect not to attend, partially attend, or fully attend.
- The employees vote democratically on the destination, which at bare minimum must be internet-friendly and relatively easy on the wallet.
- The company coordinates and communicates the essentials, including general itineraries, to-and-from travel, basic lodging, and special events.
- Employees self-select to lead or support priority projects dictated by a mix of customer needs and personal interest. The projects are optional, supplementary to daily responsibilities, and ideally completed during the time abroad.
I was a couple days early to Expensify Offshore 2017 in Uruguay.
After six feature films in the nosebleeds of Copa Airlines and a taxi ride at the mercy of Google Translate, I stumbled out onto Montevideo’s Calle Blandengues around 2 AM local time. Historically, this was a Jewish neighborhood and absolutely worth a morning wander, so I left my curiosities for the moment in favor of meeting my Airbnb host, Ramiro.
We’ve got an incredible team in London, and we’re so excited that it’s been ONE WHOLE YEAR since we landed across the pond!
2016 marked the official office opening, which quickly led to establishing a team of 10 to lead Continue Reading…
Over the past few months, we’ve been testing our beta Greenhouse integration with with a small group of customers, and we’re excited to announce that the integration is now live and open to the public!
This is an entirely new type of integration for Expensify that is going to help streamline the hiring process and save time across multiple teams. Continue Reading…