Hey there, can you do me a favor and help test a new feature we’ve just launched? We’ve upgraded our SmartScan system to provide full itinerary tracking, and I’m really eager to hear your thoughts. (And to make sure it works as well in the real world as it does in the lab.) In a nutshell, it works like this:
1. Book travel online (Orbitz, Kayak, Expedia, etc), as normal.
2. Forward the email itinerary to firstname.lastname@example.org, like before.
3. SmartScan will read the purchase details, as always. **
4. But now SmartScan will also read the *trip* details.
5. We’ll remind you 4 hours before your flight.
6. Check the Expensify app to see your itinerary during the trip.
7. After the trip we’ll create the whole report, receipts and all, in one click.
** Be sure to “Enable automatic SmartScanning” in your Settings page.
Can you do me the quick favor of forwarding in a few airline, hotel, or car rental reservations to email@example.com and confirming that they parse correctly? You can see the results in the Expensify app for iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, and Windows Phone — just tap “Trips” on the home screen.
It’s a free upgrade and requires no extra work: just SmartScan your receipts like you already do (10 free/mo) and this comes along for the ride. We just launched this feature at Finovate on Tuesday, and you can read more about it all over the web:
Thanks, I really appreciate your help, and I look forward to hearing your feedback!
Founder and CEO of Expensify
Follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/expensify