To streamline and simplify Expensify even more, we’ve made some subtle but significant changes. Introducing…
This site-wide update let’s you manage your receipts in ways you’ve never been able to before:
- Annotate receipts with Categories, Tags, and Comments
- Scan annotated receipts
- Attach receipts to reports and submit them (without the need for expenses)
- Scan receipts on reports
To support these features, we polished various parts of the site. The receipt edit dialog has been revamped to clarify that details and an expense are optional additions to a receipt. The new expense dialog was also changed to reflect the changes.
New report section: Attachments
A new section on the report contains “attachments”, or images without attached expenses. You can add supporting documents to your report, or compile a collection of receipts and simply submit that to your accountant. It’s a versatile section and we’ll be adding more functions soon.
Report it and Forget it
You don’t need to wait for receipts to finish scanning for expenses; feel free to add receipts to a report straight away, then scan them directly on the report. They’ll transform into full-fledged receipts with expenses.
Here’s a really handy workflow:
- Capture receipt photos with our mobile app, adding details on the spot (“Lunch with Alice”)
- The receipts are queued for automatic scanning
- Add the receipt on a report — it’s still queued for scanning
- Come back later, and your receipts are all scanned and correctly attached to the credit card expenses
- Submit the report!
Very soon we’ll also allow you to add receipts to reports from the mobile apps, so stay tuned.
Please send us feedback!
We read every piece of mail sent to us, and this feature was created because users asked for better receipt management. If you’d like to play a role in fighting sucky expense reports, please send us a message at email@example.com or leave a comment below.
Thanks and happy expensing!