To those of you paying very close attention, you’ll notice we’ve been making some subtle changes to the Android app. There’s a lot going on under the hood — much of yet hasn’t yet been revealed — but one thing that just slipped out is support for logging mileage! For you Android road-warriors out there:
- Update your Android Expensify app
- Tap “enter expense” on the main page
- Tap “mileage” in the upper-right
- Enter the number of miles you traveled
- Use or update the mileage rate
- Watch in amazement as the reimbursement amount is calculated
- Add an optional comment or receipt
- Tap “submit”
That’ll log the whole thing as a mileage expense in Expensify for adding to an expense report for reimbursement. Some notes and caveats:
- The reimbursement rate is imported from your account application launch; if you update it on the website, just close and re-open the app.
- You can do a “one time” override the mileage rate in the mobile app, or update on the website to apply the change permanently.
- The the 2011 IRS mileage reimbursement rates recently updated, be aware!