Setup Multi-Tagging for your Company
As we announced a few weeks ago, Expensify now supports multiple tags per expense. Hooray! Companies on the corporate plan can now capture up to 6 pieces of information for each expense (1 category + 5 tags). This makes it official: Expensify now supports any and every accounting package. To help your company roll out this awesome new feature, we recommend the following:
2. Decide what type of Multi-Tagging you’d like to implement:
- Independent or Dependent – Would you like your second tag, say ‘Project’, to populate options based on the selection for the first tag, say ‘Department’? If yes, then choose Dependent Tags. Alternatively, if you’d like the same options in your tags no matter the selection of other tags, then choose Independent Tags.
- GL Codes or No GL Codes – Would you like to capture GL codes associated with your tags, for export to your accounting software? If yes, then choose GL Codes. If not, then choose No GL Codes.
3. Populate one of the below CSV files with your accounting tag information and send them to email@example.com, including the name of the policy you’d like them added to.
- Independent with GL Codes
- Independent with No GL Codes
- Dependent with GL Codes
- Dependent with No GL Codes
And you’re on your way to your very own multi-tagging Expensify policy!
We’ve put a ton of effort into making multi-tagging as easy and automated as possible, but with that said, it’s also important consider whether multi-tagging is the optimal accounting setup for your organization and your expense report submitters. If you have any questions about multi-tagging setup or Expensify in general, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org